Altered Scales Explained + All 5 altered dominant scale guitar patterns (super locrian)Oct 05, 2021
Altered scales. What are they? Also called the altered dominant scale or the super locrian scale, the altered scale is a mode of melodic minor & awesome for improvising with over dominant chords.
Weekly Lesson #95
Altered Scale Lesson Content Outline with Timestamp Links:
0:00 - Guitar playing intro
0:35 - About the lesson
1:41 - About the channel
2:11 - Theory of the Altered Scale
6:47 - Where parent scale it comes from
8:41 - The forms/positions of the scale
12:11 - Demonstrating the scale over a backing track
13:57 - Notes on the playing
15:16 - Few more notes about the lesson
16:55 - Using melodic patterns
17:58 - Question
19:27 - Outro
Links & Lessons Mentioned in This Video:
- FREE PDF: Top 3 Pentatonic Scale Patterns for more melodic soloing
- Full Playlist of This Series
- Scales Playlist
- Modes Playlist
- 9, 11, 13 Chords | Guitar Extended Chords
- MELODIC MINOR Scale Guitar Patterns - All Five Positions
Alteres Scale Lesson Description:
What in the world is the altered scale?
How should we go about learning the altered scale on the guitar?
And how do we apply the altered scale to real music?
Are there multiple altered scales?
That's exactly what we're going to go over in this week's lesson.
- I'll explain the music theory of the altered scale - I have a simple way to think of it.
- Then I'll show you the shapes of all five scale positions of the altered scale.
- Then we'll talk about jamming with the altered scale and how you can apply it to your own improvisations right away.
And if you just want to quickly hear what jamming with the altered scale sounds like, just check out the intro where I demonstrate soloing with it over a backing track.
The Notes Along the 5th String
Alteres Scale Forms
I hope you enjoyed this lesson and found it beneficial. Let me know what you thought in the comments. Thanks! :)
Like my video lessons?
I’ll send you an email when they come out each Tuesday
Just sign up here
I never spam or share your info