Guitar finger picks can be helpful in many genres but how about for classical guitar? This video is an Alaska Pik review about classical guitar finger picks vs nails. I used these finger picks for years.
Weekly Lesson #99
Alaska Piks Review Outline with Timestamp Links:
0:00 - Guitar playing intro
0:18 - About the lesson
1:20 - About the channel
1:53 - My experience of using Alaska Piks
4:37 - Sizes of Alaska Piks
5:28 - Shaping Alaska Piks
6:58 - The way they fit on the finger
7:58 - Explanation & demonstration of the technique for how to use Alaska Piks
13:07 - Demonstration on different guitars
19:04 - Pros of Alaska Piks
20:37 - Cons of Alaska Piks
24:51 - Free PDF
25:26 - Question
26:04 - Featured comment
26:42 - Outro
Links & Lessons Mentioned in This Video:
- Get my FREE Solo Guitar Arrangement Pack (Sheet Music & TAB)
- Chord Melodies - How to play chords and melody together
Alaska Piks Review Description:
Classical guitar finger picks... is that allowed?
Can you play classical guitar without nails but still get that natural nail sound by using finger picks?
It may be controversial to even mention the idea of guitar finger picks in the world of classical guitar, but the answer to both of those questions is yes.
This week's lesson is an Alaska Pik review video:
- I'll share with you my experience of using classical guitar finger picks called Alaska Piks exclusively (and in professional settings) for about ten years
- I'll explain and demonstrate the technique for how to use Alaska Piks (it takes some getting used to)
- And I'll perform some music for you so you can hear how finger picks can sound just like nails if you’re careful.
And lastly I'll run down a pros and cons list as a summary about using classical guitar finger picks vs nails
Let me know if you'd like to see more lessons about classical guitar related topics.
I hope you enjoyed this lesson and found it beneficial. Let me know what you thought in the comments. Thanks! :)
Like my video lessons?
I’ll send you an email when they come out each Tuesday
Just sign up here
I never spam or share your info