A few years ago I wrote and recorded guitar parts in a songwriting session with Macklemore. Intentions is the name of the song that I played on. In this video I teach the guitar parts to it.
Weekly Lesson #86
Lesson Content Outline With Timestamp Links:
0:00 - Guitar playing intro
0:11 - About the lesson & channel
1:42 - How I got the opportunity
3:46 - The recording session
4:07 - What they initially made
7:11 - What they used in the final output
7:36 - Three different things I did that they used
7:59 - First part: Melodic Arpeggio
12:45 - Second part: Chord progression strummed with different voicings
15:18 - Third part: Just strumming the open voicings instead of arpeggiating
16:49 - Conclusion, Free PDF, Outro
Links & Lessons Mentioned In This Video:
- Get my FREE, amazing chord options chart called ‘Chords with Color’
- Common Chord Progressions (4-part Lesson Series)
A few years ago I wrote and recorded guitar parts in a songwriting session with Macklemore. Intentions is the name of the song that I played on.
In this week's lesson about the process of guitar songwriting in a professional studio setting I share about:
- How I got the opportunity to play with Macklemore on “Intentions”
- What the experience was like working with Macklemore
- And then—to show you what kind of guitar songwriting knowledge was needed in a professional studio session like that—I teach the actual guitar parts for the song “Intentions” and how I came up with them.
With the clear sheet music, tabs, and chord diagrams in this video, you'll see that it's really pretty simple guitar songwriting theory stuff.
This is a great example of how much of what I teach in my weekly lessons can be used during real music making opportunities.
Guitar Parts Played In Macklemore's Intentions
Interactive Sheet Music of Intentions by Macklemore
Sheet Music Images of Intentions by Macklemore
I hope you enjoyed this lesson and found it beneficial. Let me know what you thought in the comments. Thanks! :)
Like my video lessons?
I’ll send you an email when they come out each Tuesday
Just sign up here
I never spam or share your info